LCICon 2019 is almost here! Before you leave for Milan, here’s a list of important things to prepare for and remember that will help improve your experience.
1. Badge Printing Locations
Beginning at 10:00 on July 4, attendees will be able to print their convention badge and receive their convention tote bag. Your LCI Official Registration Confirmation letter and government-issued Photo I.D. is required to receive your badge. Badge printing locations are available at:
- The MiCo Convention Center – North Exhibit Hall
- The Milan Marriott Hotel
2. MiCo Security
Due to the large number of Lions and guests that will be attending the Milan convention, both the City of Milan and the MiCo have established a security protocol for everyone’s safety.
- All attendees are subject to a daily security screening process. This can include security personnel utilizing metal detecting hand wands, walk through metal detectors, or other screening devices. In addition to your clear LCICon 2019 tote bag, please carefully consider what you will bring to the MiCo as it is recommended to travel light to expedite the screening time. The MiCo will have designated security to assist attendees with disabilities and/or medical devices.
- All attendees should carry photo ID with them at all times.
- Please wear your convention badge at the MiCo for admittance throughout the venue.
- There are additional security requirements in MiCo Hall 3. For the International Show and Convention Plenary Sessions, in addition to the information above, the following additional procedures will be in effect at the MiCo’s Hall 3:
- Attendees can ONLY carry items into Hall 3 that will fit in the clear, plastic LCICon 2019 convention tote bag. Additional purses, backpacks, luggage, briefcases, laptop bags, seat cushions, etc. are prohibited and you will NOT be allowed to enter into Hall 3 with these items.
3. Convention shuttle Information
Registered attendees can enjoy convention shuttle bus service between the LCI Hotels and the MiCo beginning July 5. Please look for the detailed shuttle route information posted in your LCI hotel lobby.
4. Download the LCICon 2019 Mobile App
Smartphone users—download the free convention mobile app. The app will guide you through the entire convention program and events. Get the latest news, design your own custom convention schedule, connect with other Lions, share your pictures and comments, rate sessions, browse exhibitor information and more! Visit https://crowd.cc/lcicon2019 to download the app.
5. International Parade
All Lions units must register by Friday, July 5 to participate in the parade. The Parade Office will be open beginning at 10:00 on July 4 in the MiCo’s Convention Center’s North Exhibit Hall.
This year’s International Parade route is in one of Milan’s most scenic and historic areas with cobblestone passageways. This uneven surface can be challenging for those who have difficulty walking. Although all Lions are encouraged to participate in the parade, taking part in the parade is and always has been voluntary.
6. Saturday Night’s International Show – “That’s Italia”
Mark your calendar for Saturday, July 6 to see the International Show at the MiCo, “That’s Italia”. All registered convention attendees are invited to enjoy this musical variety show featuring Italian tenors, folk music, famous classical pieces, and more. Simply show your convention badge for admittance.
7. Win a Trip to the 103rd Lions Clubs International Convention in Singapore
All registered paid adult convention attendees have the opportunity to win a trip to the 103rd Lions Clubs International Convention in Singapore. The prize includes:
- Two LCICon 2020 registrations with economy airfare for two to Singapore
- Five nights hotel accommodations at one of our official hotels
- A local convention week tour of your choice for two to enjoy during your stay
To enter the sweepstakes, have your convention badge scanned at the Grand Prize Booth located in the South Exhibit Hall by 17:00 on Monday, July 8. The winner will be announced at the Final Plenary Session on Tuesday, July 9. You must be present at the plenary session to be eligible to win.
8. Wheelchair and scooter rentals
A limited number of wheelchairs and scooters are available to rent through AIM Italy. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.